Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Books

I know I shouldn't but in moments of weakness my mouse wanders over to second-hand book websites and I type in various titles in hope.  And sometimes there's a result and I find myself buying something I hadn't planned for.  That's how this cam to arrive in my pigeon hole this morning.  There's a copy in the Faculty and, to be honest, there is not a great deal of competition for me if I want to consult it.  But I also have a peculiar feeling that it ought to belong with my other books and it is just a shame for it to be sitting in a storeroom somewhere....


Now I need to be careful during the exam-marking season because book browsing is too easy a displacement activity.  I just wonder what might turn up if I type in a search for the second edition of Arrighetti's Epicuro: opere ...

No comments: