Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Bits and bobs

We're just back from a holiday in Athens.  I hadn't been for a few years and lots of the news from Greece recently has not been particularly great but we had an excellent time.  I paid my first visit to the brilliant new Acropolis Museum (and its really nice café).

So I haven't turned my mind properly to much ancient philosophy recently.  But I have just discovered that you can get pdfs of Long and Sedley's The Hellenistic Philosophers if you have access to CUP's online ebooks. 

Here is the link to volume 1 (the translations and commentary). 

Here is the link to volume 2 (the sources in the original Greek and Latin). 

(There are, of course, lots of other things on the site too that you might be interested in, but it is useful to have these texts in a handy pdf format.  It is certainly going to help me while I am writing some new lectures for next term.)  Here is the link to all the ancient philosophy material.


No comments: